Monday, November 23, 2009

Kirsten Wolcott

When I first heard the news I didn´t know if I knew her. I tried to get some information from the people that told me but they didn´t know much. I put it out of mind for a day or two. Then I decided to get her name again and look up her picture in the Joker the SM office sent me. Then it hit me. I did know her. I first met her in the SM class at Southern. One time during one of the classes we were supposted to get into small groups, talk about where we were going and pray. She was in my group. I remember she wanted her name pernounced correctly, because it is not ¨Kristin¨ but ¨Kirsten¨. I had never heard a name like that before. I have to say in the short time that I was around her in the class and at the SM retreat I was very impressed. She had many good qualities: natural leader, outgoing, very friendly, willing to help with anything, good student, and put God first in her life, just to name a few. I thought to my self, ¨I might like to get to know her better as a friend.¨ We went to our different countries, but never communicated after that. For me the news of her death was very humbling. It left me with alot of questions. May we never forget that our time on this earth is limited, and will not know which day will be our last.

1 comment:

Katalin said...

It's so sad I heard about her story. :(